Welcome to my personal website, which is simply a place for me to informally share some of my random interests. When I started researching my family tree in the 1990s, my original purpose of this website was to share my family tree information. Over time, the website became more general in purpose, and now includes aspects beyond genealogy, such as photography, music, etc. British television is one of my addictions, and more specifically, crime and mysteries. When I complied and added a list of those on this site, the number of people viewing that page skyrocketed, and is now one of the first results of a Google search. Listed below are some random and useless facts about me.
- American living in the heartland, more specifically in the “Land of Lincoln” (Illinois). Sometimes mistaken online of being British or Irish.
- Anglophile, a lover of most things British. Hibernophile, a lover of most things Irish. Pluviophile, a lover of rain, especially mist and drizzle.
- Highly caffeinated by Starbucks throughout the day. Responsible and dedicated Guinness enthusiast. Yes, Guinness does taste better in Ireland!
- Music addict extraordinaire of most genres. Zero musical talent. Have been instructed to never sing, under any circumstance, ever!
- Abnormally addicted to genealogy, but do not descend from anyone even close to being remotely famous. I have no famous cousins, either.
- Football enthusiast of both varieties. American (both NFL and NCAA) and British (Premier League). Rugby? Possibly, if there was more coverage.
- Amateur in everything, including life. Self-deprecating. Anal retentive. Humble practitioner of the the golden rule. Warm embracer of melancholy.
- And if you haven’t figured it out by now, aficionado of dry humor (i.e. especially British), and situational humor (i.e. Seinfeld-isms).
Listed below are methods to contact me or follow me via social media. My usage of social media varies, so please read my comments on each respective social network before sending any type of friend or connection requests. There is also a comments and discussion section at the bottom of each page of my website.
This section contains a chronological list of updates to my website over the last few months, and will be helpful to any repeat visitors. The pages that were updated will be listed next to each date, and then clicking on the plus sign will expand the toggle to show details on what was specifically updated. Minor updates, such as corrections, will not be listed here.
- Added Strike to the private detectives category.
- Added Life on Mars to the police detectives category.
- Updated the frequently asked questions
- Added Golden Years to the heists and organized crime category.
- Added Acceptable Risk to the general mysteries and crime category.
- Added Bordertown to the police detectives category.
- Added The Invisible Guardian to the police detectives category.
- Added Modus to the profilers category.
- Added Monster to the police detectives category.
- Added Public Guardian to the police detectives category.
- Added Rebecka Martinsson to the legal category.
- Added Witnesses to the police detectives category.
Comments and Discussion
Each page of my website has a comments and discussion section, which is unique to each respective page, and is based on your Facebook account. Please feel free to provide feedback, comments, or suggestions, as well as ask questions. Any comments that you make will be publicly visible, but do not display on your Facebook news feed or timeline. If someone likes your comment or replies to your comment, you will will be informed via a Facebook notification. I am automatically notified of all comments, and will respond as soon as possible.